Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Java Forums - Can I serialize Message objects?

Java Forums - Can I serialize Message objects?: "Re: Can I serialize Message objects?
Author: agnesjuhasz Apr 8, 2002 2:30 AM (reply 4 of 4)
Hi Avanish,

I could resolve the serialization by this way

// on the client side
MimeMessage mimemessage = new MimeMessage((javax.mail.Session)null);
// do what you need
...
// put the content of mimemessage into encoded String what is Serializable
ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
message.writeTo(baos);
byte[] bytearray = baos.toByteArray();
Base64Encoder encoder = new Base64Encoder();
String base64encodedmessage = encoder.encode(bytearray);

// On the server side
// decode the received string
Base64Decoder decoder = new Base64Decoder();
byte[] bytearray = decoder.decodeBuffer(base64encodedmessage );
ByteArrayInputStream bais = new ByteArrayInputStream(bytearray);

mailprops.setProperty('mail.from',sender);
Session session = Session.getInstance(mailprops,null);
session.setDebug(debug);

MimeMessage mimemessage = new MimeMessage(session,bais);

Hope this helps.
Agnes"

1 comment:

john said...

You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site.
forum internet marketing